Life On The Farm As The Years Fly Bye

We All Learn At a Different Pace

What did I learn about myself through my 4-H participation?

I learned that it is not easy to be 16 and on the edge of adulthood.

Head - to clear thinking, when giving your word to someone, think about how it will affect your heart if you buckle to peer pressure and go against your morals and ethics .

Heart - to greater loyalty; loyalty is something that is given freely and cannot be demanded or forced upon someone.

Hands - to larger service, you can only do what you feel is right and work hard to achieve your goals.

Health - to better living; if your word is your honor, and you stand fast to your morals and ethics; loyalty will come to you freely, your goals will be realized, and you will make a difference in the world around you.


I love 4-H !


Peer pressure is one of the hardest things we face; stay true to yourself no matter how hard it is and make a difference!

4H My Journey

Farmer's Hands Video

2011-2012 Western National Roundup

Friday, April 2, 2010

Why Meat Goats?

My interest in Meat Goats all started when I decided to learn about how to judge the different Market animals raised and sold at fair time as part of the 4-H market animal projects.

 Then one day I started asking questions and found out that one of my Dad's friends Son is making a very good living hauling meat goats to market. So I ask myself why Meat Goats?

This what I found out:

Goat is the most highly consumed meat in the world; and more goat’s milk is consumed worldwide than cow’s milk. In the United States, meat goat production is increasing because of goats’ economic value as efficient converters of low-quality forages into quality meat, and milk,  products . There are several reasons for goats’ growing popularity in this country. A large factor is the large number of ethnic groups,  who have a preference for goat meat, milk, and cheese products.

Another factor is the determination of many Americans to be self-sufficient. Where resources are limited, a small herd of goats may be the only livestock that a small, part-time farmer can raise to achieve self-sufficiency.

As well as being one of the most widely consumed meats in the world, goat meat is also one of the healthiest meats available for consumption.  Goat meat is naturally low in fat, saturated fat and cholesterol while containing a high quantity of protein and iron.

I myself have never eaten Goats meat but I found a few different sites that might be of interest to you.

I just found this so interesting that I thought I would share it with you.

For now I will stick with my Red and Black Angus.