Life On The Farm As The Years Fly Bye

We All Learn At a Different Pace

What did I learn about myself through my 4-H participation?

I learned that it is not easy to be 16 and on the edge of adulthood.

Head - to clear thinking, when giving your word to someone, think about how it will affect your heart if you buckle to peer pressure and go against your morals and ethics .

Heart - to greater loyalty; loyalty is something that is given freely and cannot be demanded or forced upon someone.

Hands - to larger service, you can only do what you feel is right and work hard to achieve your goals.

Health - to better living; if your word is your honor, and you stand fast to your morals and ethics; loyalty will come to you freely, your goals will be realized, and you will make a difference in the world around you.


I love 4-H !


Peer pressure is one of the hardest things we face; stay true to yourself no matter how hard it is and make a difference!

4H My Journey

Farmer's Hands Video

2011-2012 Western National Roundup

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Gooding Country Fair 2009 Projects


This is LT Dan he weighed 1235 and received a blue ribbon
in quality. Dan was also my showmanship steer and we
also received a Blue ribbon. Dan was a real gentlemen and never
gave me a bit of trouble.







This Forest Gump he weighed 1246 and This is Bubba he weighed 1338
They both received a blue ribbon in quality



This is my poster entry for this I received the Purple Rosette.


This is my Leather Project for this I received a Blue ribbon, The Purple Rosette went to a hand carved Leather Directors Chair, That 4-Her did an out standing job.



My Quilt Pattern is call Big Thunderand my quilt will fit a full size bed. I chose to use a fifties cartoon print and matched the colors in the print for all the borders. For my quilt I received a Blue and the Purple Rosette.



My4-H illustrated talk this year was on the Beef Niche Markets, and the difference between Organic and Natural. It also covered the requirements for each and how to make the transition. I received the purple rosette and I will go to District to compete.






This is my4-H Sew What project - A dark green 80% wool jacket, and 100% wool pants, in style revue I received a Blue Ribbon and on the sewing project I received a Purple Rosette. With this Project I will go to the State level and compete.








I had a great time at the Fair this year, all my steers behaved and my Dad came home without one bruise; ha ha that a first! On Sunday I sent Dan off and Cleaned the Barn. I am Home and getting ready for next year.

I am already thinking about my new steers, what kind of quilt I will make, and what other projects I will do.

I will start school on 9/21/09 but for the next week I will just take a little vacation and veg out for awhile.

I will be posting pictures of all my friends at the fair soon so check back in a few days. I will also post my open class entries.